Jordan-Wilcomb Construction, Inc. is believed to be Idaho’s oldest construction firm still in operation today. Records show that when Boise began issuing building permits in 1910, Jordan-Wilcomb was actively building single family residences. Housing continued as its main endeavor until 1924 when St Joseph school, on Fort Street in Boise, became its first commercial project. The original partners of the firm were J.0. Jordan and his son J. Cecil Jordan, operating under the name of J.0. Jordan Construction and later becoming Jordan & Son Construction.


In 1948, J. Richard Jordan, son of Cecil Jordan, and Richard P. Wilcomb, son-in-law of Cecil Jordan, joined the firm and it became Jordan-Wilcomb Company, a partnership. In 1979, Tim R. Wilcomb, son of Richard Wilcomb, became a partner in the firm. In 1982, the company structure was modified, resulting in Jordan-Wilcomb Construction, Inc. as the construction division and Jordan-Wilcomb Company, a partnership, as the real estate holding and development branch. In 1986, Bill T. Mooney, Jr., son-in-law of Richard Jordan, became a principal in Jordan-Wilcomb Construction, Inc.  Tim Wilcomb and Bill Mooney became the majority owners of Jordan-Wilcomb Construction, Inc. in 1995. T.J. Wilcomb, son of Tim Wilcomb, joined the corporation as a partner in 2012, becoming the 5th generation in one of Idaho’s most accomplished construction firms.

Jordan-Wilcomb Construction, Inc. has been and remains engaged primarily in commercial construction in the southern Idaho area, having completed thousands of projects over the last 100+ years. Jordan-Wilcomb has maintained their office at the same location, 406 South Sixth Street in Boise, for more than 70 years.

St Joseph School-PowerPoint.jpg

st joseph school : 1924


Egyptian Theater : 1927

Anderson Dept Store-Powerpoint.jpg

c.c. anderson department store : 1927

Currently Athlos Achedemics 

Garfield Elem-Powerpoint.jpg

Garfield Elementary : 1929

Gymnasium Addition : 1950

Idaho Power Building 1930-Powerpoint.jpg

Idaho Power building : 1930

Addition : 1956


Burley Post office : 1934

Blackfoot Post Office.jpg

Blackfoot Post office : 1935

North Junior High-Powerpoint.jpg

North Junior High : 1936

Boise High Gym-Powerpoint.jpg

Boise High SChool Gymnasium : 1937

St. Mary-Powerpoint.jpg

st Mary's catholic church : 1937

Idaho State Testing Lab-Powerpoint.jpg

Idaho state testing laboratory : 1937

Emmett School.jpg

Emmett High School : 1938

Baker Furniture Store-Powerpoint.jpg

Baker Furniture store : 1939

Currently McU's Sports


ada county court house : 1939

Gibson Funeral Home-Powerpoint.jpg

Gibson Funeral home : 1940

BSU Admin.jpg

BSU Administration building : 1940

Logsdon Motor Garage-Powerpoint.jpg

Miller Stephan Car Dealership : 1945

BSU Building-Powerpoint.jpg

BSU Campus Building : 1955

Boise State Science-Powerpoint.jpg

BSU Campus Building : 1955



BSU Classroomm and office building : 1969

1970 BSC Women's Tower.jpg

BSU Women's Tower : 1970